Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Victoria Rowell Shares The Harsh Truth Behind Soap Operas and People of Color

Do you love a good soap?  How many of us grew up having no choice but to watch daytime soap operas because our mother's and grandmothers ruled the TV during the time there were on.  My grandfather was the ultimate TV hog, but in the afternoons he knew who had the remote control.  My mother, whenever we were at home from school on a weekday was into All My Children, General HospitalYoung and the Restless and One Life to Live. Yes all my life I knew what was going on with Erica Kane but today longtime YTR star Victoria Rowell spilled some serious tea about what goes on behind the scenes of our favorite daytime shows.


Now let me tell you racism is Hollywood is REAL, I have dealt with it a bit myself working in the Television and Music industries.  She has not worked on YTR since 2007, and honestly I don't even know how they keep the show interesting without her?  African-Americans give so much support to these shows and the majority of us do not have a clue how much we are being ignored.  I applaud Victoria Rowell for shedding some light on this.


No comments:

Post a Comment