Tuesday, March 4, 2014

New Challenge

Yesterday I decided to start a 12 week challenge that Jia holds every so often. Follow her on Instagram @deactivatedfatgirl. She gives excellent tips and is just someone who one day decided she needed to get back in shape.  She is very smart and witty and I just enjoy following her.  I personally am at a point where I have reduced a little bit of weight after blowing up shortly after meeting my boyfriend, I guess they call it "love chub". My weight lost has been incremental,  I have yet to make any radical body transformations.  I decided I am going to start this month just really focusing on what I eat, why I eat it, and trying to make a workout routine.  Day 2 and I have already had a setback going into my work gym today.  I am not comfortable in gyms especially with a lot of people in them and today that is exactly what I encountered. After thinking about it for awhile, I think it goes even further than that.  I work with these people I don't want to see them in this environment, I also am always looking over my shoulder to make sure I don't run into a certain "person".  This is not a safe place for me, it actually is my boyfriend's domain, he lives in the gym.  I would one day like to get to this point but I know this location is not it for me, maybe its a foul memory, too much worrying about who I may run into.  So in the meantime I will adjust my focus and what I am comfortable doing, because for me right now the most important thing is to do something, and keep up doing something.  I am finding that in the effort to improve my body, I have to deal with the mental and emotional challenges as well, and I can say I am up for the challenge!  Please share your own stories and experiences as you see my upcoming posts, I hope we can encourage each other!

No comments:

Post a Comment