Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Can't Get It Right

Man if I could just correct the course of my life right now with any action what would you suggest?  I have been ill, I have been stressing over pretty much everything but mainly finances, homework and family life.  I have been struggling to find my identity in the Bay Area, will this really be my life for the long term?  I miss my LIFE in Los Angeles, but I also remember days just feeling like I was lost in the sauce there as well.  

Overall I am blessed, I truly have no real complaints in life, but I can say that I have been frustrated lately.  I want to just correct the course find a nice rhythm, go through each day with no conflicts.  I want to take everything on a step by step basis and just make things better as I go along.  This journey was never said to be easy but it can be worth it.  I will definitely suffer now, pay for my past mistakes so I can get to a position where I CAN LIVE!! So all that said I apologize for not posting more.  

There has truly been plenty going on in the media lately and I still cannot seem to wrap my head around some of it.  Did Mimi and Nikko of Love and Hip Hop really come out with a sex tape?  Did I really watch it and wonder WTF were they trying to show or prove?  Did Porsha really drag Kenya?  Does Kenya really have an African prince?  Is Russell Wilson really getting divorced? Is Colin Kapernick still accused of doing something to that girl or nah?  Just too much!! 

Apparently Lupita Nyong'o is the most beautiful woman in the world and she has people of color really happy about this.  I am happy for her but I think Nia Long, Sanaa Lathan, Jill Scott, hell even Beyonce have been beautiful way before we heard of Lupita.  Why hasn't a African-American woman been given such an honor previously?  I mean the obvious would be Halle Berry who has been on People's list but never THE most beautiful.  But I guess someone has to kick in the door and who better than Lupita who can dress her ass off and just overall looks flawless on any red carpet.

I have been busy and really just trying to seek a direction for the blog.  What would you like to see stories featured on?  I appreciate any and all feedback.

XOXO

KD

No comments:

Post a Comment