Friday, May 9, 2014

Turning Negatives Into Positives

Life has a way of just getting you down. I had many topics I have started for discussion on here but I decided it wasn't the best thing to put out into the world right now.  Lately it doesn't matter how positive a story can be people will be a negative spin on it.  Overall as a people we seem to be focused on such negative things and I for one want to get out of this mind state.  I have plenty of issues that can keep me down but when I really just think about the good I cannot complain I am blessed!! I want to use this blog to showcase some heartwarming great stories, so for the rest of this month  that is exactly what I will do.  There is so much good going on in the world everyday, so many blessings we all receive and this is what we should focus on. 

Since Mother's Day is this weekend what better way to celebrate it by showcasing two athletes giving their moms a great surprise this week.  

The first was Kevin Durant's MVP speech, where he made sure to credit his mom as the MVP, and told her how much he appreciated her putting food on the table, even when she did not eat herself.  She sacrificed for her kids and I am sure it all was worth it as she watched her kids become adults and to hear her son give her such a beautiful tribute on a national forum. This is a tear jerker: 

When former University of Louisville quarterback Teddy Bridgewater was in the third grade, he made a promise to his mom.  “When I make it to the NFL, I’m going to buy you a pink Cadillac Escalade with pink rims,” Bridgewater, now 21, recalled telling his mom, Rose Murphy. Well days before this year's NFL draft he did just that.  Oh but the car had more than pink rims, the entire car was Pink. His mom is a breast cancer survivor but besides that she is a very proud mother of a now Minnesota Vikings player and more importantly a man of his word.


Teddy Bridgewater was happy not to slide to the second round. (USATSI)








No comments:

Post a Comment